This is a recipe for a super easy Monkey Bread that uses only 4 ingredients! You’ll love the simplicity of this sweet, simple breakfast treat.
Happy Judgement Day! So, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pretty excited to still be alive, and I’m hoping that will still be true at 6:00 PM today. I also haven’t heard of anyone disappearing yet, so that’s a good sign.
Not going to lie though, it will probably be not-so-good if the Rapture happens.
Kinda freakin’ me out. So let’s hope it doesn’t, yeah?
In other news, for my possible-last-day I made myself a darn good breakfast. I got myself some thick-cut, Applewood-smoked bacon, had my dad make me a sugar-free vanilla latte (which I forgot about and has now become an iced vanilla latte), and made myself my first ever monkey bread. Most important in that list was the monkey bread.
I’d never had it before…and that’s probably a good thing or I’d be the size of Shamu. I’ve wanted to make it for pretty much…ever. But I wanted to avoid the cut up biscuit route.
Yesterday I saw the Baked recipe and I got inspired. Since I was so not down to make the bread dough, I went to the store and bought rolls! Frozen ones, ready to rise and turn into a perfect monkey bread. I chopped them up, rolled them in butter and sugar, put them under my newly discovered heat lamp on my stove (cool, eh?), let them rise, and baked. That was all yesterday.
This morning, I stuck the whole thing in the microwave for 3 minutes and was rewarded with a sticky, sweet, caramel-y treat. For breakfast. No, I do not feel at all guilty.
If you want, come over and have some with me. I totally can’t eat this by myself. If not…make your own. It’s easy. Really! 4 ingredients…can’t beat that.Print
- Prep Time: 120
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Category: bread
- Cuisine: dessert
- 1 27 oz. package ready-to-rise rolls (I used Bridgford brand, each roll cut into fourths)
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Generously grease a bundt pan. Whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon in a deep bowl. If needed, use your hands to get rid of clumps.
- Set up your station: from left to right, place your cup up rolls, then the butter, then the brown sugar mixture, and finally the bundt pan. Take one piece of roll, dip it in the butter and then into the sugar mixture, coating fully. Place in the bundt pan. Repeat until all pieces are coated, making sure to arrange the rolls evenly in the pan.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until they almost reach the of the pan. Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated oven at 350*F. Wait 5 minutes, and invert onto a serving plate. Let cool until the caramel is no longer scorching hot, and serve. If not serving immediately, cover it, and microwave for 3 minutes before serving.
Keywords: bread, homemade, monkey bread, cinnamon, dessert, breakfast
We made monkey bread last night, too! haha. sooo good!
hi! i’m abby and i’m also seventeen:) this looks so good and easy. i’m going to the new england culinary institute next year! good luck and by the sounds of this recipe you will go far!
U should always use pecans or maple syrup for monkey bread in my eyes – LOL