Have a taste of the tropics with these Vegan Pineapple Coconut Muffins! They’re super soft, full of tropical flavor, and no one would ever guess that they are dairy-free + vegan.
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted, you could also use vegetable oil
- 1 large banana, mashed, about ⅓ cup
- ⅓ cup coconut milk or other non-dairy milk, such as almond or rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, diced; you can also use canned – drain before using
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add in milk of choice, mashed banana, vanilla extract, and coconut oil and stir until just moistened. Fold in pineapple and toasted coconut. Divide the batter between the muffin cups, they should be about ¾ full. Sprinkle with unsweetened flaked coconut if using.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: vegan muffins, pineapple muffins, coconut muffins