This creamy Vegan Caesar Dressing is made without any dairy, yet it maintains the creaminess you love from caesar dressing thanks to soaked cashews. The dressing is briny, salty, tart, and so delicious as a salad dressing, a dip, or spread on sandwiches and wraps.
- ⅔ cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes in hot water (optional but recommended if you don’t have a high-speed blender)
- ½ to ¾ cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional, for extra creaminess
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon capers in brine
- 2 to 3 peeled garlic cloves
- Sea salt, to taste
- If you soaked the cashews, drain and rinse them. Add to a high-powered blender or food processor along with the rest of the ingredients, starting with just ½ cup of filtered water.
- Blend for 2 to 3 minutes, until completely smooth, using the tamper or scraping down the sides as necessary to get it to blend smoothly. If the dressing is thicker than you’d like, add water (or lemon juice, if you want more acidity) until you get the texture that you prefer.
- Add salt to taste. You can also add more garlic if you’d like, or for a more briny flavor, add more of the caper brine.
- Store dressing in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. It will thicken when chilled, so add some water to thin it out if the consistency is too thick.
Nutritional information does not include olive oil. Yields 8 servings of about 2 to 3 tablespoons each (exact serving size will vary based on how much water was added).
- Calories: 109
- Sodium: 27
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: caesar dressing, vegan caesar, vegan dressing