This Secretly Healthy Banana Bread tastes just like classic banana bread, but it’s gluten-free, oil-free, & refined sugar-free! It’s made with oat flour for a texture very similar to the original.
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, optional but encouraged
- Grease one 9″x5″ loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, honey, applesauce, mashed banana and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon and add to the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake about one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let cool, and enjoy!
Make your own oat flour by grinding oats in a blender or food processor until they’re a fine powder!
Keywords: gluten-free, oat flour, banana bread, healthy banana bread, ripe bananas