You’d never guess these super fudgy Salted Almond Brownies are gluten-free, paleo and vegan, because they taste just as good as a traditional brownie! They’re incredibly fudgy and chocolatey and the toasted almonds and sea salt make them even better.
- 2 oz. Alter Eco Blackout Chocolate, 90% cacao – you can use unsweetened chocolate here too, if you prefer
- 3 tablespoons (38g) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup (128g) creamy natural almond butter
- 1.5 flax eggs, 1.5 tablespoons flax meal + 4 tablespoons water, whisk and let set for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (32g) blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (30g) cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup Alter Eco Salted Almond Dark Chocolate, chopped (I used one bar)
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line with parchment and lightly grease an 8×8” baking pan.
- Put the Blackout Chocolate and coconut oil in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and coconut oil are completely melted and smooth. Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and almond butter. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add flax egg and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture and once it’s stirred in, fold in the Salted Almond chocolate chunks and toasted almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until a few crumbs are attached when a toothpick is inserted into the center, but it’s not too wet. If desired, press more chocolate onto the top after baking! Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving. I like to place them in the fridge overnight before cutting! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: salted almond, brownies, vegan, gluten-free, paleo