- 1 cup pretzels (crushed (measure after crushing))
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup 4.25 oz all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz white chocolate (4 oz. chopped into small chunks + 4 oz. melted)
- 1 cup Andes peppermint chips (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment, pray with nonstick cooking spray or grease with butter. Sprinkle crushed pretzels evenly in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and the sugars and stir until completely combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Once combined, gently fold in the white chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup Andes peppermint chips.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-26 minutes or until very lightly browned on top. You want the cookie bars to be soft, so careful not to overbake. Allow the bars to cool completely.
- Spread with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Andes peppermint chips and more pretzels, if desired. Let chocolate cool. Cut, and serve.
- Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days and in the refrigerator up to 5.