- Your favorite 9-inch deep dish pie crust recipe (or a frozen crust (like Ms. Smith’s Deep Dish Pie Crust)*)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (browned and cooled slightly)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk (any fat content is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In large bowl, beat the eggs until slightly foamy. Stir in the browned butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk together until fully combined. Stir in the flour, milk, and vanilla. Add the pecans and stir until they are fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F for 10 minutes, and then lower the oven to 325°F and bake for another 40-50 minutes, or until the top no longer jiggles in the center. Cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
*Update 11/25: Some people have said that this filling doesn’t fill their deep dish pie plate. I think some are bigger than others, so if you want to ensure your pie is completely filled, you can 1.5x the recipe, or use a normal sized pie dish and have a bit left over if you think your dish may be a little bigger than normal.
*Update 12/29: Someone let me know it’s easy to make this pie gluten-free! Replace the flour with your favorite GF flour blend and use a gluten-free pie crust.