- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the marshmallow cream
- 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Fluff
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (softened)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and peanut butter. Beat in egg until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add into peanut butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Chill cookie dough, covered, at least 2 hours and up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Form rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven for 10 to 11 minutes, or until just pale golden. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes and transfer to racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare marshmallow buttercream filling.
For the filling
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix on high speed with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Match cookies in pairs based on size. Spread 1 tablespoon of buttercream onto one cookie and sandwich with other cookie in the pair. Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched.
Recipe originally published on Delish.