These Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Bars are crunchy peanut butter perfection, and you only need FIVE ingredients to make them! These gluten-free and vegan crispy bars are sure to satisfy your chocolate peanut butter cravings.
- 2½ cups gluten-free puffed brown rice cereal
- ½ cup (128g) peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (107g) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt optional – use if your peanut butter is unsalted
For the chocolate topping
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the puffed brown rice cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt if using, over medium-low heat. Whisk to incorporate and melt the coconut oil, and then bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and let bubble for 3 minutes, whisking the whole time.
- After 3 minutes, remove from the heat and pour over the brown rice cereal. Stir to combine completely, making sure to coat all of the cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use your hand or a spatula to press the bars down firmly. Set aside to let them firm up.
- While the bars firm up, place the chopped dark chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring between each, until it’s smooth and melted.
- Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter crispy bars. If using, garnish with peanuts and flaky sea salt.
- Let firm up in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares. Store in the refrigerator.