Maple Peanut Puffed Corn is a deliciously easy 5-ingredient snack mix that you’ll be devouring. It’s perfect by the handful, or as my sister enjoys it, with a little milk as a homemade cereal. This gluten-free vegan snack is crunchy, flavorful, and easily customizable.
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups puffed corn cereal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium to large sauce pot, heat the maple syrup over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and cayenne, if using.
- Immediately mix in the puffed corn cereal and peanuts.
- Pour the puffed corn mixture out onto a baking sheet and spread evenly, leaving in clumps if you want clusters. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if using.
- Let cool to the touch. It should be firm and crunchy. Store in an airtight container or zip bag when it’s fully cooled.
If it doesn’t harden completely, preheat the oven to 300° and bake for 10 minutes. It should firm up once cooled.