These Hummingbird Muffins are delicately textured and full of toasted pecans, pineapple, & mashed banana, making these muffins perfect for breakfast!
- 1½ cups mashed very ripe bananas, about 4 medium bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed of excess juice (should be about 1/3 cup when liquid is removed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, pineapple, sugars, butter, milk, and egg. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir just until combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: muffins, hummingbird muffins, pineapple, banana, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, breakfast, snack