- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup puffed brown rice
- ½ cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¾ cup dried cherries (roughly chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 2 oz. dairy-free dark chocolate (chopped or in chips)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Line an 8×8” square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, puffed rice, toasted almonds, chia seeds, and kosher salt.
- Stir together the almond butter and maple syrup in a small microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds – it should be hot and pour easily. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the almond butter/maple syrup mixture over the dry oat mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the sticky mixture into the prepared pan and then use a flat-bottomed drinking glass, measuring cup, or spatula to press the mixture into a firm, even layer in the pan. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into 10 granola bars.
- After the bars are cut, combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the bars, or put the melted chocolate in a small Ziplock bag and snip the corner to drizzle over the bars. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Store the granola bars in a sealed bag or container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
You can easily double the recipe and use a 9×13″ pan.