These Cranberry Brownies are made with dark chocolate, fresh and dried cranberries, and dark chocolate covered cranberries! If you love the tangy flavor of cranberries, you’ll love this unique brownie recipe.
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (5¼ oz.) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup (2¾ oz.) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate covered cranberries or substitute with chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line with parchment and lightly grease an 8×8” baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible. Fold in the dried cranberries, chocolate covered cranberries and fresh cranberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool brownies completely before cutting into 16 equal squares with a very sharp knife.
- Brownies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.