These Chocolate Chunk Banana Nut Blondies are a super chewy blondie, flavored with fresh bananas and studded with crunchy walnuts and dark chocolate chunks. You’d never guess that they’re gluten-free, paleo and vegan.
- ½ cup creamy almond butter, or other smooth nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted, use refined for no coconut flavor
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (72g) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, banana, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.