- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (90g unsweetened shredded coconut)
- ½ cup (128g) creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (26g) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 275°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until completely combined. The mixture should hold together in balls, but not be too crumbly.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hand, form tablespoon-sized balls and bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until the macaroons are light golden brown. Let cool completely before removing from the tray. Store leftovers at room temperature in a sealed ziplock bag.
**Make sure you’re using finely shredded coconut. Regular shredded coconut won’t stick together the way unsweetened, finely shredded coconut will. I recommend using Bob’s Red Mill brand for the best results.