This Cabbage Cucumber Salad is crunchy, refreshing, and easy to make ahead of time! It’s loaded with sesame seeds and green onions and tossed in an irresistibly delicious miso sesame dressing. It makes for the perfect stir-fry side dish, or add some protein and rice to make it a main dish!
For the salad
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, both the white and green parts
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari, reduce to 2 tablespoons if you only have full sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili crisp, chili oil, or ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- In a salad bowl, combine the cucumbers, cabbage, green onions, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- In a small mixing bowl or jar, whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, lime juice, miso, sesame oil, chili crisp, and garlic. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or let sit at room temperature for up to an hour to marinate.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: cabbage salad, cucumber salad, asian salad, make ahead salad, no wilt salad