For the pie crust
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 egg white (to egg wash)
For the fruit filling
- 6 fresh nectarines (cored and sliced)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest & juice of 1 small lemon
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
For the crumb topping
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (solid)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and sea salt. Add the melted coconut oil and egg and mix until the mixture completely comes together. Press the crust into a 9” pie plate, up and around the edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white slightly. Use a pastry brush to brush egg white on the bottom of the crust to prevent it from getting soggy. Place the crust in the freezer while preparing the filling and crumb topping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the nectarines, blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar and tapioca flour. Stir to combine and coat all of the fruit evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, rolled oats, and coconut sugar. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining. Toss in the sliced almonds.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the fruit filling inside. Cover the fruit evenly with the oat topping and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Check the pie halfway through and tent the top with foil if it’s browning too quickly.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Pie crust recipe from this Paleo French Silk Pie