This 30-minute recipe for homemade blueberry cornbread is a sweeter take on traditional cornbread with fresh blueberries and sweet corn kernels. It’s baked in a skillet, producing the best-texture cornbread with deliciously crispy edges! Serve with whipped cinnamon-honey butter for dessert or breakfast.
- 2 cups (10 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (5 oz) yellow cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (11 oz) whole corn kernels, drained if canned
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thaw and drain if using frozen
For the cinnamon honey butter
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 10” cast iron skillet or a 9″ square baking pan.
- Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the greek yogurt, sugar, milk, melted butter, and eggs together until smooth. Gently fold the Greek yogurt mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the corn kernels and blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and smooth the top. Bake until cornbread is golden yellow, about 17-20 minutes. Don’t over bake – you don’t want your cornbread to be dry! Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- For the cinnamon honey butter, stir together all of the ingredients until fully combined. Serve with cornbread.
Keywords: blueberry cornbread, cornbread, sweet cornbread